SVHS Boosters Meeting Minutes - 2/7/12
*Please note: These minutes have not yet been approved by the board
Meeting called to order at 7:00 p.m.In Attendance:
Wendy Swanson, Veronica Brooks, Dino Battaglini, Bob Midgley, Sandra Macias, Maddie Morgan, Alice Schimm, Jane Martin, Jacque Alanis
APPROVAL OF LAST MEETING’S MINUTES
• Jane Martin-requested $2,040
o Mid Summer’s Night’s Dream (March 2012-6 productions)
o Budget for costumes (will stay in school wardrobe), lighting/make up/set design
o ApprovedMEMBERSHIP REPORT
• 207 members
• 600 letters went out to non members
• 8 responses came back
• After paying cost of postage; we netted $587.32TREASURER’S REPORT
No ReportPRINCIPAL’S REPORT
• In the middle of registration of incoming 9th graders
• Pathways work continues. In the next two months we should have a theme and a plan
• Freshman will register in April
• Solar-close to being done
• Maintenance is negotiating repainting the lines in the parking lotOld Business
Booster Bash-Goal/400 people
• Ticket sales have begun-$65
• Goal is to sell out and live/silent auction
• Moya-organizing volunteers
• Veronica to call Schell Vista FD to borrow chairs
• Table decorations only/Balloon arches-Leadership
• Easel to display kids art/senior projects photo display boards
• Posters are being placed around town
• Live auction-Kathy, Lori, Alice
• ELAC volunteers organized by Sandra. Will coordinate with Moya
• Rentals: (minimum of 5K)
o Need to rent platters $400
o 6’ tables
• Booster Bash Meeting, Wednesday, February 15, 7:00pm in library New Business
• Question to athletic director- guidelines or a policy around athletic teams fundraising?/Discussion
• Crab Feed March 10, 2012
• Theatre Department’s presentation of Mid Summer Night’s Dream March 2-5, 9-11ACTION ITEMS
Meeting adjourned at 8:15 p.m. Next Meeting: Monday, March 5, 2012
SVHS Boosters Meeting Minutes - 1/16/12*Please note: These minutes have not yet been approved by the board
Meeting called to order at 7:00 p.m.In Attendance:
Wendy Swanson, Veronica Brooks, Dino Battaglini, Bob Midgley, Tammy Rivara, Colleen Daly, Tiffany Knef, Mike Daly, Sandra Macias, Maddie Morgan, Alice SchimmAPPROVAL OF LAST MEETING’S MINUTES
- 199 members
- Mailing going out to non membersTREASURER’S REPORT
• Currently running on a deficit
• 18K left in checkbook
• Requesting 20K from money market to bridge gap to crab feed. Intend to replace.
o Note-have not withdrawn $ from money market account in 4 years.
o There have also been no deposits
• **Veronica motioned/Tiffany second
• Funding requests
o Peter Hanson $4200 for film club-February mtg.
o Spring Sports request-$17,900
• 9th grade Team early data looks good.
• Pathways work continues
• Freshman will register in AprilOld Business
Non Crab Feed
• March 10th, 2012; Hanna Boys Center, 6:00-11:00
• Caterer-“Finish Line”
• Band on board
• Jacque Alanese-Graphics “Year of the Dragon”
• Advertising plan-facebook, paper, website, bulletin, posters, tickets
• Link to purchase tickets on website and in bulletin
• Ken Brown radio show-Tiffany
• Goal is $60-65 per person
• Daly Family-Bar
• Décor-Leadership kids/athletes to set up
• Culinary kids to serve???New Business
No new businessUPCOMING EVENTS
Crab Feed March 10, 2012ACTION ITEMS
See treasurers report
Meeting adjourned at 8:20 p.m. Next Meeting: Monday, February 6th, 2012
SVHS Boosters Meeting Minutes - 10/3/11
Meeting called to order at 7:05 p.m.
Wendy Swanson, Veronica Brooks, Dino Battaglini, Peter Hansen, Bob Midgley, Moya Jones-Neely, Jacque Alanis, Tammy Rivara, Debra Vaughn, Colleen Daly, Laura Zimmerman, Stacey Schoeninger, Alice SchimmAPPROVAL OF LAST MEETING’S MINUTES
9/12/11 minutes approved: All approved.
PresentationsLAURA ZIMMERMAN / EDUCATION FOUNDATION:
- Confirmed the success of this year’s Red & White Ball and expressed the Educ. Foundation’s extreme gratitude for the Booster’s help at the event
- Tremendous, positive feedback from those in attendance
- Presented check for $500 and confirmed that checks for $500 will be distributed to each of the SVUSD schools.
- Educ. Foundation also sponsoring the in-class “Teacher Support Network” Cost: $33K/year
- Encouraged public support for Lorna Sheridan’s column “Our Schools” in Tuesday’s I.T.
- Encouraged Boosters to utilize her column for advertising events.
- I.T has a school calendar going live shortly that imports the Google calendars from each school thereby consolidating all school functions into one calendar format.
- Also encouraged Boosters to use the Educ. Foundation’s e-blasts (4,000 people) to promote future events.PETER HANSEN / MEDIA ARTS TEACHER
- Field trip to the media arts labs
- Expressed his extreme gratitude for the Booster’s on-going support for the high school’s media programs
- Presented their state-of-the-art facilities and confirmed that student demand for the media arts classes exceeds available space
- This year, 30+ more students than last year which means they are again in need of additional equipment
- Film Club (meets Wed. afternoons at lunch time) allows students not enrolled in the classes to still receive “hands on” experience. Film Club fully funded by Boosters.
- Reciprocal relationship since the Media dept. is also able to help promote Boosters membership and events.MEMBERSHIP REPORT-
- 183 current members
- Gross to date: $47,625
- Membership team will work on sending out letters later this month to solicit new members.TREASURER’S REPORT-
- VOMDES SUMMARY
- GROSS: $12,8047 which is a 25-30% drop from last year ($14,600 net in 2010).
- Community Center sold 146 tickets; Boosters sold 3 additional tickets at the door
- Wonderful event!
- Through the Comm. Center’s ticket sales, we now have 146 email names at our disposal for future targeting
- Needs Improvement:
- Lacked advertising to our school families
- General advertising to community was weak and on the late side
- email blast to community center’s list insufficientPRINCIPAL’S REPORT
• Carnival on Tuesday + extended lunch
• Thurs = homecoming rally, float fest w/music, DJ where pool use to be, BBQ, but no bonfire
• Future site for bonfire uncertain b/c of fire danger
• Parade at 1:00 on Friday, rally at plaza at amphitheatre following parade
• Dance Sat Night at Boys and Girls Club
• Homecoming court nominated (5 girls / 5 boys nominated by juniors and seniors)
• This week campus holding first-ever “CSU Application Week”
• Also this week: Staff training re. gangs
• District Budget: Needed cuts now elevated to 2.6 million / Mtg. Oct 17
• Site council looking for a general parent representative (i.e. not representing Boosters)Old Business
• All in except for some additional hats
• Noted that since student store is not up and running, Boosters is the sole “spirit wear” seller at present.New BusinessNON CRAB FEED CRAB FEED
o Need committee people
o Veronica Brooks heading committee
o Potential new catch phrase: “New Venue, New Menu”
o Discussing “Early Bird” tickets this year
o Menu needs to be finalized to get ball rolling
o Louann Carlomagno will be here in Nov. to give the budget presentation
o Next week!
Meeting adjourned at 8:15 p.m.
Next Meeting: Monday, Nov. 7, 2011
Posted - 09/20/2011 02:38pm
September 9, 2011 Meeting
SVHS Boosters Meeting Minutes - 9/12/11
*Please note: These minutes have not yet been approved by the board
Meeting called to order at 7:00
Wendy Swanson, Veronica Brooks, Dino Battaglini, Maddie Morgan, Bob Midgley, Moya Neely, Mike Daly, Tiffany Knef, Kathy Murphy, Jacque Alanis, Tammy Rivara, Samantha Reed, Debra Vaughn, Colleen Daly, Debra Ferreira, Joey Ghiringhelli, Molly MaddenAPPROVAL OF LAST MEETING’S MINUTES
6/22/11 minutes approved: AllPresentations
Dino Battaglini; Requesting 2K for Graduation seating rentalsOld Business
o Microphone fixed
o Kids circulating with nothing to do/need more structure-Bring Link Crew back?
o Nice BBQ
o Great communication going home in various ways
o Good, consistent messagingRed & White Ball
• Booster parents worked the bar at R/W
• As a thank you, R/W committee is giving Boosters $300ELAC
• Made $1500 on turkey legs sold at 4th of July
• Will continue/great turnout
• Need to have Spanish liaison at Rush
• Need an ELAC liason to Boosters-Kathy and Veronica will try and get someone at the meeting New Business
• October 1st 3-6
• Stacie Hedley and Tracy Walker-co-coordinators
• Tickets sold at community center $35
• Community Center will take $2 per ticket to do phone sales, email blast to their member list, will check people out, gathering all information, keeping track of purchases.
• Volunteers needed to set up, serve food, work the auction, clean up etc… Moya will coordinate volunteers
• Kathy Murphy is auction chair SNACK BAR
• Made $2100 at first football game
• Coffee cart will be back
• Moya is coordinating volunteersSPIRIT WEAR
• Cindy coordinating volunteers to work in booth
• Sold at Volleyball and football games (Fall sports)
• Freshman Football games/Debra Vaughn will help get kids to sell spirit wear at Frosh gamesCRAB FEED-Feb 4th 2012
• New facility-Hanna Boys Center multipurpose room
• Huge savings
• No seafood allowed. Looking at what kind of menu to serve
• Ideas in development TREASURER’S REPORT-2011-2012
Budget Proposal Presented
• We will take in 132K
• Showed 3 proposals; status quo, 10% cut, 15% cut
• Proposing cuts to balance-(look at a mid-year revision to possibly put back into budget)
o Championship and play off travel and equipment (will pull from a different fund)
o No name café (for profit) and intramurals
• Would end the year with $12 in the black if we make these cuts
• Motion to approve the Budget-Neely/Rivara second-All in favor/Ammended to include a January revisit of the BudgetMEMBERSHIP REPORT
• 167 members
• Gross $42,675
• Tiffany, Jenny and Veronica will meet and put together a membership campaign PRINCIPAL’S REPORT
• Stop in solar/ started up today/ completed by mid December
• Club Rush last week
• New VP Andrew Ryan
• Pathways themed academy planning year-recourses
• Working with connect ed/study from now to December/community support/ internships
• Sports under way. Good turn out
• FFA annual fundraiser on Sunday. Larson Family Winery/30K profit
• Fairmont has approached us partnering with FFA to get going community/business partnership take to western states and use as a model. What do you want we will buy and produce what you want. Fairmont is giving us money.
• Wednesday night; Back to School Night
• ELAC Wednesday 6:00
• Senior Night Wednesday 21st
• District wide looking at budget cuts 2.2 M if not more for next year
• Basic aid came in lower than expected-property values lowerSuperintendant/Trustee Report
• No reportACTION ITEMS
• No action itemsUPCOMING EVENTS
• Back to School Night Wed/ 9/14/11
• Mary’s Dine and Donate Wed 9/14/11
• VOMES Oct. 1st/
Meeting adjourned at 8:10
Next Meeting 10/3/11
Posted - 10/15/2010 04:50pm
August 16, 2010
Sonoma Valley High School Booster Club
Minutes for meeting August 16, 2010
Attendees: Wendy Swanson, James Grossi, Maddie Morgan, Veronica Brooks, Moya Jones-Neely, Dino Battaglini, Britta Johnson, Janey Mulas, Tammy Rivara, Carol Marcus, Stacie Hedley, Bob Midgley, Louann Carlomagno, Alice Schimm, Jenny Witous, Mike Daly, Cindy Studdert
Call to Order: 7:05 pmIntroductions
: Introduced new Board MembersMinutes
: Approved May/June minutes
Superintendent/Trustee Report: Louanne pleased with RUSH and that the outreach of the Boosters is working and people responded with support. There is a lot going on in the district. A 3M $ five year federal grant has been received. 49 applications accepted, only 3% across US applied. Partners with Exploratorium. Projects include: Gardens at all schools. Goal-to have production gardens and sell the food in the school cafeteria.
Bond-November 2nd ballot election. Prop 39. Three components:
1. Installation of solar energy at each campus. 12-15M. PG&E rebates funds will be used for other needs. Net gain 27M $.
2. Efficiency Measures-decrease consumption of H20, single paned window replacement
3. Career, tech pathways at the middle schools and high school- agricultural, manufacturing tech.
Need a 55% vote. There will be citizen oversight and the cost will not go over $50 per 100K property value. Phone banks to do outreach education. Need volunteers (as presented by Jenny Witous).
Revisions to By-laws
: change in bylaws/revisions around voting members as well as a change in titles. Corresponding Secretary has been changed to Membership Chair. It was decided that following roles make up the voting body of the board: Co-Presidents (shared vote); VP; Secretary; Treasurer; Membership Chair; Principle; Athletic Dir; Leadership Coordinator; Volunteer Coordinator; E-script Coordinator; Auction Coordinators (shared vote). Total of 11 votesWelcome Goodies
: 1st Friday-Pastries for staff. Annual budget line item $150-Action item/motioned by JW; second by VB/ passedELAC Liason
: Jenny, Veronica and Dino will attend meeting. 3rd week of the month. Strategically target El Verano, Flowery and Sassarini. Indentify ELAC leaders who have high school students to find a willing liaison.
Back to School Class Nights-
7:00pm Little Theatre; Wear Booster T-shirts. Sell Spirit Wear. Moya to coordinate volunteers to help sign up additional memberships/sell spirit wear. Visible presence.
Kick Off BBQ
-Going to move it to Snack Bar (beefed up menu; tri-tip sandwich) for first home game and then make a "big splash" at Homecoming-Welcome Back Alumni. We will advertise in the sports section. Wine and cheese in Depot Park.
: Oct. 2nd. 7:00pm. Next meeting August 19th Swiss Hotel in back. Need Ticket sales, volunteers and silent auction items.Donnelly/Student Membership
: Anonymous contribution to Boosters-wishes for it to be a student matching project. Discussion/Ideas. Leadership kids to spearhead? Possibly coordinating with a Senior project (see Principle Report)
SVHS Booster Club Academic Enrichment Fund
: 10K sitting in fund. Discussion around a change in by-laws to include curriculum enrichment so teachers can apply for grant if they want to do some kind of enrichment (speaker for example). Some felt that Boosters should not pay for curriculum that there are other funds available. The discussion was tabled.Display Case
: Goal is to increase visibility. Discussion around buying a Booster dedicated display case that would be updated monthly with upcoming events and Booster news. Action-Cost $1500; JMMotion to approved $1500 for display case. JG second. Passed.
: Proposed budget emailed prior to meeting. Typo corrected to read Administrative costs decreased to $1250. Discussion. Needs: get sign in front of school fixed.Membership Report
: 118 member's vs 49 last year! $22,500 at RUSH this year vs $10,950 last year. A few new sign ups at Frosh BBQ. Letter going out before RUSH was effective. Increased visibility contributed greatly to increased support. Need to continue sign ups. Ideas/discussion around ways to reach out to families who have yet to contribute. Focus on sports teams, clubs.Principle's Report
: Dino thanked the group for the welcome gift he received. Wanted Booster approval for a Senior student to design and sell t-shirts for his Senior project. The funds raised will go to the Boosters. Discussion around combining this project with the Donnelly grant. "All Call" up and running at the High School. Discussion around how frequently these calls should go out. Leadership decision making-Site Council makes decisions; meetings are "open".Action Item
1. Welcome Goodies: 1st Friday-Pastries for staff. Annual budget line item $150. JW motioned; VB second/passed
2. Display Case: Cost $1500; JM Motioned to approved $1500 for display case. JG second. Passed.
Meeting Adjourned: 9:10 pm